While the temperature cools down to 56 degrees here in Florida, I'm at my desk with a long sleeve shirt, a zipper sweater, flannel pants, and slippers. But my mind drifts back to November when I personally witnessed the white sand beaches and beautiful blue water at Sandals Emerald Bay.
Here are 5 things you didn't know about the sophisticated, secluded Sandals Emerald Bay, in Exuma.
1) Greg Norman (aka The Great White Shark), designed Sandals Emerald Reef Gold Course. The 18-hole, par 72 championship course weaves through dunes, scenic mangroves, and the peninsula of Emerald Bay. Sandals' guests green fess are $175 per round. Sandals currently has an offer where guests staying in the exquisite butler service suite for at least 4 nights receive the ultimate golf package free. This offer ends December 31, 2013. Check with your travel agent for more details.
2) You can get a direct flight to Exuma (GGT) from Nassau, Miami, Atlanta, Ft Lauderdale or Toronto. Or you can fly your private plane, but be aware, it has one 7000 x 150 foot runway. The airport is small and quaint and welcomes its visitors with a warm, tropical hello. After an approximate 10 minute drive, you arrive at the ultimate, all-inclusive resort, where 1 1/2 miles of blissful beach await.
3) With a world of flavors offered at their 7 dining options, my clients often inquire about the attire for the restaurants. There are two types of attire: resort casual and resort evening. Resort casual means you can wear shorts or jeans, t-shirts or polo shirts. Swimwear must be covered, and shirts and footwear are required. Resort evening requires dress pants or jeans for men, long or short sleeved dress shirts (with or without collar) dress shoes or elegant sandals. No shorts, t-shirts, sleeveless shirts or tennis shoes/sneakers. For dinner, at this resort, evening attire and reservations are required at II Cielo (the sky) and La Parisienne. The nightly themed buffets also require evening attire. Casual attire is appropriate for the other dining options.
4) Emerald Bay offers weekly themes and events. These are perfect team building and corporate functions.
Monday: Manager's Cocktail Party
Tuesday: White Night and Chocolate Late Night Buffet
Wednesday: Casino Charity
Thursday: Reggae Night
Friday: Junkanoo Beach Party
Sunday: Love Is All You Need Lover's Game Show
5) World Travel voted Sandals Emerald Bay "Caribbean's Leading Luxury All-inclusive Resort" 3 years in a row. My favorite accommodation was the Prime Minister Honeymoon Beachfront Walkout Butler Villa Suite. Where else can you step out from your patio into the white sand beach? Along with your very own butler, elegance leads down the hall into a large living room which opens into the private patio. The view was absolutely beautiful. This is the extraordinary place to be to celebrate a honeymoon or anniversary.
6) I know I said 5, but did you know Emerald Bay was also voted the "Caribbean's Leading Conference Hotel?" Get in touch with me for more information on their conference center.
7) And one more thing...Did you know that in Exuma, Fowl Key, you can swim with...pigs?
Create memories, not regrets!