Saturday, July 21, 2012

Final Post on The American Queen-Ohio River


Diary of a Traveler on the American Queen: Last Entry
By Janelle Woodyard



The 2012 inaugural voyage on the American Queen, up the Ohio River, from Cincinnati to Pittsburgh  has come to an end. My luggage is unpacked and the laundry is done. I've caught up on my emails, phone calls, and errands.  I also just finished posting my pictures to Pinterest http://pinterest.com/woodyardj/american-queen-ohio-river/.

Stats:
- 471 miles
- 12 locks
- 5 states (Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania)


I guess I turned into a steamboat history fanatic because I'm fascinated by the stories of The Mississippi Queen, The Delta Queen, The American Queen, and even the Sultana.

I can't wait until my next destination.  I wonder where I will go next!  As my husband says, "Make memories, not regrets."

To book your group voyage on the American Queen or any other cruise, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment