Monday, July 30, 2012

Reflection of Royalty

Reflection of Royalty
Celebrity Reflection

Who doesn’t like to be treated like royalty? Especially on vacation.  My dream trip takes me away on a 7-Day Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity’s newest ship, Celebrity Reflection. It leaves out of the Port of Miami, on December 8, 2012.


Celebrity Cruise Lines loves to pamper, engage, and renew passengers.  With that in mind, I booked a Royal Suite (590 sq ft, veranda: 158 sq ft).  I thought about booking the Reflection Suite with the fancy, cantilevered, glass-walled shower.  (During the day, a person can shower and look out over the ocean.  Reflective material keeps others from looking in. There’s a switch that turns on a fogging function, which offers privacy at night.)  However, the Reflection Suite accommodates 6, and I only need accommodations for 2.  Maybe next time.

My trip begins on December 7, 2012, with a pre-night cruise stay at the Trump International Beach Resort, in Miami, http://www.trumpmiami.com/, (Junior Suite Ocean View). I like to arrive in a city a day or two before I leave on my cruise so that I can wake up refreshed, relaxed, and ready for my cruise.

On December 8, I board Celebrity Reflection.  Since I booked the Royal Suite, I receive priority check in and am one of the first ones to board.  What a beautiful ship and what a thrill to be one of the first people to cruise this magnificent vessel.  
Itinerary:

Day 1 Embarkation
Make Speciality Dining Reservation at Blu (subject to availability)
Massage (This is my favorite way to start a cruise.)
Whirlpool on my private veranda...Ooo-la-la!


Day 2 Sea Day
Painting class (maybe the Master Artist can offer tips for my stick figures)
Lounge by the pool
Dinner at Blu (speciality restaurant)
Shore Excursion: Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure (SJ36)
Shore Excursion: 4x4 Beach Escape (SMB9)
Shore Excursion: Caribbean Cooks (KT60)


Day 6 Sea Day  
Lounge by the pool
Enjoy The Lawn Club Grill (First-hand grilling techniques)

Day 7 Disembarkation

Other Royal Suite perks include: 
Fresh flowers
Daily in-suite espresso and cappuccino
Daily fresh fruit platter
European trained butler service (Oh, if I could put him in my suitcase and take him home...)


It’s the last night of the cruise. I open the floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead out into my private verandah. Once again, I feel the light, ocean breeze against my face.  I relax in the whirlpool one last time.  I look out across the vast ocean.  The waves lap against the ship. The moon and stars create their own light show.  This must truly be a Reflection of Royalty.


(Oh, no!  Whoever is in the Reflection Suite with the outside, all-glass shower...they forgot to flip the fog switch.)


Celebrity Cruise Lines’ newest ship, Celebrity Reflection’s 9-night inaugural European cruise sets sail on October 12, 2012.  Cruise Ports include: Depart from Amsterdam, Netherlands; Bruges,(Zeebrugge), Belgium; Paris (Le Havre), France; Gijon, Spain; Vigo, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Barcelona, Spain.


To request additional information or to secure your voyage on Celebrity Reflection, please click here.
What's your destination?


Create memories and not regrets.
Janelle Woodyard


Connect with me via:

No comments:

Post a Comment